psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 F80 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Company View Post
High mileage causes these issues......
I definitely agree the high mileage is causing this and that's expected but not the persistent issue's i've been having. I understand it's a turbo car and high miles but it's also an expensive car that should be well built and able to work well even when it gets into higher mileage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZTZ1010 View Post
1. As stated above, if you've eliminated the possibility of plugs, it's likely your misfires are likely being caused by dirty valves or a leaky injector. Major consensus is that valve cleaning should be done by 40k miles, although mine were dirty enough by 37k to be causing persistent misfires.
2. tune is reverting to stock map (a safe mode essentially not boosting over 5-7psi): likely a fuel trim issue / incorrect settings dialed in on tune. keep in mind the car reacts differently in colder weather.
3. If you had tried using the feature, you'd see that your 2D2E code is a plausibility code that can pop up from time to time when adjustments are made lagfix in the JB4. the 29E1 is common with E85 mixtures when the fuel system/DME isn't happy.
4. I know exactly what "droning" noise you're referring to. I have the same thing in my car sometimes at light throttle going uphill, etc. My only conclusion at this point is it's normal operation (I was under the impression it was a cam lifter) as I was able to replicate it in 2 other 335's. Unsure about this one, though I had my shop foreman check it out and he reported no issues.
5. the noise could a belt/pulley squeeking as it comes to a stop, but the video/information is too vague to be certain. You would need to pull things apart to know more conclusively. There are tons of threads on here about why the NST and other lightweight crank pulleys are terrible for these cars due to a lack of harmonic dampening.
Thanks for the detailed answer! Definitely going to get a valve cleaning done asap and I hope that clears up the problems. In regards to the codes I did search and neither really fit in with what i'm experiencing. I also emailed them to Terry and he said it's odd and he'd need a log while it's happening to see what's going on. I wasn't changing lagfix so idk why the first one would pop up and I was running a very low E85 mix also. They've also popped up with no E85 in the car. In regards to the other stuff I hope it's normal but we'll see. When I have autocouture do the valve cleaning in a few weeks i'll let them try to diagnose the issues. After that i'll probably take it up to Bryce to get his opinion on things and let him start doing the work. I've done some searching on the pulley but get many mixed results. Lots of people say the lack of harmonic dampening is an issue but others including people running the pulley's say it's no problem. Bryce also recommended going with an upgraded pulley although I don't know for sure which route to go yet. I'm going to do more research but was hoping maybe someone with similar issues could have jumped in and provided some insight.
More Pictures: Build Thread /// 683AWHP/675AWTQ