10-16-2018, 11:18 PM   #11
Mythic Man 25
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by usshelena725 View Post
Glad to hear it fell into the range I was expecting. Maybe see if they can do the front bumper that you said is banged up as well? Might be able to get them done as a package for a discount or something.

Also - depending on the rest of the condition of the car and if you want it to look great or just 'perfect from afar, but far from perfect' - might be worth getting an estimate from one of the econo shops, like Maaco, etc. Would probably be half the cost, but of course half the quality as well. Just depends on what your end result is that you desire.
My end goal would be something like 75-80% from perfect remove all the scuffs and scratches that make you look like you can’t drive and have the paint mostly in good condition be shiny and only minimal swirls, have the rock chips touched up. It will sit outside and be my daily driver so I have set my expectations accordingly.

The front bumper just has some road rash and chips which is expected and not too bad. the rear bumper as a spider web like crack at the lift gate and some cuffs on the side and the rest of the body just needs a good polish.

Here are the prices to do a restoration including any scuff repair, respray, plastic weld.
$700 for the hood
$450 front bumper
$450 rear Bumper
$350 2 stage cut polish and any chip repair

might just do the bumpers and polish but time will tell when winter passes in Alberta.
Appreciate 1
Run Silent15127.00