View Single Post
      10-26-2020, 07:14 PM   #20
saul09e90
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrydr310 View Post
Sounds like a vacuum leak. When you removed the valve cover did you replace the breather hose? They typically break no matter how careful you are.
Not sure what the issue may be now bit checked all my vacum hoses
and all the codes I am getting due with missfire, it seem to be when I removed the
Valvetronic eccentric motor on the valve cover it became offset and timming is off.
I read and then read some more about the issues with the Valvetronic motor and relearning the stops so it can go back in correct timing. Funny thing when I was removing the original valve cover I chipped one edge rendering it unusable. So I went to my local Upick to get a used OEM cover thinking was the best route but after installing and removing the Valvetronic motor trying to bring to correct positioning it now leaks from that area and one of the gasket holding screws would jot get tight.

I read and read some nore andbit seems that in most scenerios the Valvetronic eccentric shaft motor self adjusts by just cycling the ignition however there are caes you need a learning tool BMW ISTA+, so i am researching on that in case I need to dowload and buy the K+DCAN cable there are a few youtube videos.

I purchase a brand new valve cover, Valvetronic motor and sensor which I should be getting this week. I pulled the vanos seleboids and did a thorough cleaning with break cleaner and also pressure air. It did helped but for some odd reason after letting the car run idle with no load for 30 minutes I then drove around the neighborhood everything great 😀 but then I stopped and let the engine idle with AC on and on drive gear and there it was again rough ideling and almost stalling.

I am not giving up!!! The new parts are on the way and hoping it works with just changing the parts and cleaning with electric connection cleaning all the connections of the harness.

In the event it doesnt work 100% with the engine running smooth again which software you guys recommend ISTA+ and where to downloaded. Is there a scanner tool that allows you to have the Valvetronic eccentric motor shaft re-learnd the stops. I called ECS Tunning and the guy recomended Schwaben by Foxwell ES#2975699 scan tool but I wasnt sure he understood what I needed to be able to do with the unit.
Appreciate 0