View Single Post
      11-06-2020, 05:21 AM   #79
SyphonX
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 335i & F32 440i

Wow, this thread is still active! I went into some detail a while back regarding TRSVC coding and calibration. Calibration will only get you part of the way but the calibration data refers to the coding for its boundaries, and if this is from an E70 it will be miles off. Default coding will do nothing as there is no default coding for E9x platforms, though you might be able to default it as an E84 which would get you closer.

I included a custom made coding profile for my E92 which had a lot of moddified values as well as documenting the logic and method of creating them in an earlier post, you could run it through ncsdummy to change from AUTO to MANUAL easy enough. After appying the corrected coding you can run calibration and you will get something that looks and works as it would have from the factory. Most notably straight lines and lines that start off the edge of the bumper, which will validate that you got it right!

As an added bonus I attached a hack for the el cheapo ediabas connector which will enable it to be used for coding a TRSVC without an ICOM.

Btw, someone pointed out that the E84 PDC (p/n:9252636) is very rare and expensive in the UK, and they are absolutley right! I reverse engineered mine a little and was able to convert my E9x front and rear PDC (p/n:9252638) to an E84 front and rear PDC by changing the qfp80 package micro controller from the 64KB version to the 128KB version and flashing the correct microcode using an XPROG. If anyone is technical enough to attempt this and has means of flashing the chip, by all means drop me a pm.

AlexandrBM We can't code out the side cameras or disable them on the TRSVC70, but that's ok. Only the TRSVC will record a fault for this internally, and it will not appear in the CIC (idrive) or on the cluster.
Appreciate 0