10-21-2017, 06:28 PM   #1
AFGauci90
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 62 F30 320i XDrive

Garage List
E92 Squeaking after handbrake release

I have searched the internet & forums for days trying to find this exact problem but have failed.

If theres any links to this exact issue I apologise in advance.

The issue:
After the car is parked for anything longer than an hour or so, I go to drive it and release the handbrake, as soon as I do this I get a high-pitched squeal for the first 20-30 yards whilst rolling off, then it's fine. Sounds like it comes from the rear underneath of the car. (Note: this only happens after the car is parked on a downward facing slope no matter how minor)

Best way to describe the noise it makes is comparable to when you brake with very low pads and get that high-pitched squeal.

I had BMW Guildford look at it, they claimed to have fixed it, but were wrong as it happened again as soon as I drove away from the dealership. I took it back the next day and all they said was 'It is caused by a combination of the rear discs, pads and brake shoes' and that 'I will need to get them all replaced'. No more info as to why these components (which all have plenty of life in them) are causing this issue.

Being that BMW are notorious for squeaks and squeals, I have found info on plenty of other noise issues but not this one.

Was curious if anyone else has experienced this and can shed some light.

Cheers
Appreciate 0