View Single Post
      06-28-2021, 03:08 PM   #65
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000cs View Post
On the retirement planning question, I found this site to be pretty helpful: https://engaging-data.com/will-money-last-retire-early/ read the notes and play with the variables a bit.
Thank you so much for posting this. This was eye-opening. Since I fired my broker years ago and invest/manage everything myself now, I've been looking for a calculator to help me get a rough idea when I can retire. When I say "retire" it means that I have enough money to not have to work, but that doesn't mean I'm not working to some extent. My job is such that I can go 30 hours a week (75% of my salary, bonus, PTO, etc.) or 20 hours (no benefits, but a higher hourly rate since they aren't paying benefits).

After playing with the numbers, it looks like I can reduce my hours and/or retire much sooner than I thought while not greatly impacting our nest egg.