View Single Post
      07-05-2013, 02:04 PM   #152
Sparkee
Stability is Overrated
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 328i Sedan w/MT6

I recently (with the help of some talented friends) just put a complete Eibach Sportline Plus Suspension Kit on my E90 non-sport Sedan. The kit is Eibach Sportline springs, Eibach sway bars, and what appear to be Bilstein Sport shocks. They are stamped Bilstein, it is the sport part I am not sure of.

Despite the advertised lowering of 2.0/1.4 (both by Eibach and at the start of this thread), it only dropped the car just a smidge over 1.0/1.0. That is before and after measurements from the bottom of the wheel to the bottom of the fender arch using as similar conditions as I could create (e.g., similar fuel in the tank, weight in the car, on my garage floor, after driving the new setup for a week or so, and "bouncing" the car first). I am glad though because anymore would probably have been too much.

I like the stance. The ride is definitely more performance oriented than cushy. It has stiffer springs, way less body roll, and is much more willing to turn into a corner. The damping offered by the Bilsteins is outstanding. The recovery time from bumps is almost immediate. For me, this is a perfect setup, especially since I track the car in DEs. But, I suspect others would find the ride too firm.

I have some upcoming track time with this setup and may come back here soon to say better or worse things about it...
Appreciate 0