05-11-2012, 11:09 PM   #10
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama335 View Post
Despite some of the negative reactions here from the BMW faithful, odds are you will have a good ownership experience with the EX - Infiniti quality is pretty solid, especially the ones built in Japan.

We picked up a CPO2008 EX35 with 12K on the clock in early 2010 - it was amazingly fast, it handled great for an SUV (it's essentially a tall G35 wagon), was a comfy highway cruiser and even got 25 mpg on the highway.

Cargo capacity wasnt as good as the QX4 that it replaced, and it takes alot of knocks in the automotive press for lack of rear seat room, but we could still get 10 bales of pine straw in it, or a couple 70# dogs (ad line: dogs love trucks)

My biggest beef was that you couldn't program the nav system while moving, but that's not exclusive to Infiniti - BMW seems to be the exception rather than the rule on that ability these days.

Enjoy it, we certainly did ours
Thanks! Yeah I read a lot of people complain about the back seat. For us its no issue since we don't have kids or anything. Honestly we would probably leave them folded down all the time for the extra cargo space anyways.

The nav thing is kinda annoying but I do believe there is a hack for it. Might do that one day.
Appreciate 0