Cyprus
Rep
Drives: a white bmw

Garage List
2010 BMW E92  [8.54]
2007 e90  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augenbrauezug View Post
I agree with what you're saying; however instances in which upset students or employees go into their work or school and start shooting people, are pretty rare. One isolated incident, while horrific, doesn't justify a massive rethink of gun control laws. Living in Texas, I've been shooting guns my entire life. It's a past time for me and my family and friends. I know many people who conceal carry, and it makes me feel safer to know that people are allowed, by law, to carry a concealed weapon. It might seem counter intuitive. I worked at a gas station years ago that had a sign on the front glass that said something like, "We encourage those with a CHL, [concealed handgun license] to carry in the store."

I don't know a lot about Colorado gun laws, but I know that they are pretty liberal about it. I assume, like Texas, they have background checks before you are able to obtain the weapon. In the case of the Aurora shooting, there were little precautionary steps that could of been taken. The shooter had no criminal record, in either California or Colorado.

i agree to a certain degree.

i live in an occupied country, we are not exactly at a state of war, but we all have guns and ammo at home provided to us by the army in case something happens. also people here like to go hunting. so we also have guns for that as well. but we are not allowed to have hand guns. so we cannot go anywhere with a concealed weapon.. we never had an incident like that (then again we are a small country) but we often have incidents between criminals "handling their business". innocents law abiding citizens rarely get killed.
my thinking is that since hand guns are allowed, and people are allowed to buy them freely, allows people to "derail" more often.