09-01-2007, 02:52 PM   #45
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 335i, 67 Camaro SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Racing View Post
Well first off, I am glad you got our products installed and are enjoying the performance gains. If you are having problems, PLEASE contact us first. I think that's the most sensible thing to do. Your post was started last night at 11:42PM...long after we have closed. It is 9:19AM on a Saturday as I am typing this, and contrary to what others have posted, I think that's pretty good support.

I MUST add that some of the statements made are completely false. We have never guaranteed against CEL's with our catless downpipes. What was mentioned was that our car had only had several days worth of driving on catless downpipes, and we hadn't received a CEL yet. There is no one at Ultimate Racing that would ever guarantee any catless product from not triggering a CEL. Originally, our plans were to offer our metal high-flow catted downpipes only. We made the catless ones simply because people asked for them. Each and every customer that has contacted me about purchasing catless downpipes has been told all of this. The original posted was told this, and I even recall him asking what to do if a CEL did appear. He mentioned that he was given a code reader that came with his Procede, and I told him that it would more than likely reset the code if he were to get one. Now why would I say that if I guaranteed no CEL?

Also, regarding our restocking fee. Yes, we do have one, and yes, it is 35%. However, the original poster ordered this complete exhaust system with us, and was told it would be shipped in 2-3 days. After 2 days, we received an a couple of emails, one from him, and one from his grandmother stating that they would not like to cancel the order. One email stated it was due to learning that the parts would not be compatible. Now, his order was now ready and complete...ready to ship. Instead of creating more problems for ourselves with an angry customer, I approved a FULL REFUND of the purchase price with no restocking fee added. The customer then contacted me about 3-5 minutes later saying that he would like to continue with the order. He stated there were just some problems with finances and they thought they needed the money back. Anyhow, the order was reprocessed, and the item was shipped that same day.

We still believe we have some of the best technical support out there. Not every install goes smoothly. Many members have called us while installing our exhaust and downpipes for some help. I believe that each and every one of them that called got everything to work out.

Darryl
www.ultimate-racing.com

Well so much for customer confidentiality.

He is right about the ordering though. My parents battled with my grandmother to discontinue the order process and then my grandmother gav me the OK to reorder them.

I apologize for the hard time I gae you while ordering, its the way my parents play games...not fair on your end of the deal guys, sorry.

I wasn't implying anything bad about UR...I was saying how good they sounded and how pleased I am with the quality. Sorry for any misunderstandings if you thought I was discrediting your product. I haven't had time to crack open the undersi to peek at the DP install job yet. First, I am going to disconnect the battery for 30 min and hope it resets the Service Engine Light.

If the light doesn't reset, or I keep throwing CELs, I will call you guys up later tonight. I cannot work on it until later tonight, the friend of mine who has oil changing ramps and an air wrench won't be home untl later tonight, besides he's pretty car savvy.

Anyways, sorry Darryl, if you felt I bashed your service or product, I don't believe I directly or indirectly implied that you couldn't/wouldn't help me out. I just asked Riss Racing for advice seeing as they are known to help customers and non customers with DP issues and are always readily available.

Darryl, you have a good product. If I could redo it all again, I would still purchase the same thing. I guess I was ignorant of these common DP issues and information.

Anyone who thinks you carry a crappy product should think again...I have issues with them (like I said earlier, most likely on the install end of the deal) I would still recommend them. Anyone considering DP should DEFINITELY consider UR's DP+exhaust. It is mean, gains are noticable, and everyone thinks its :rocks:!!
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0