View Single Post
      04-25-2007, 03:31 AM   #79
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayerischeMW View Post
thanks George, i appreciate your thoughts! i'll most likely place an order with you in the coming days.

do you recommend the ultra plush or the general purpose towel for removing polishes/waxes and final buffing? thanks.
For product removal the general purpose towels work great. I typically save the ultra plush towels for quick detailers and to remove a light dusting. Let me know if there is anything else I can give you a hand with!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud View Post
I was leaning the ropes with the PC while using the IP and either wasn't going over areas enough, wasn't pushing the PC hard enough down or need a more aggresive pad . So I missed a few areas swirl wise on the hood and it didn't take out a few superficial clear coat scratches. I figure in a couple weeks once come stuff begins to break down I'll redo the whole hood and hit specific spots that need it. Or I'll just redo the entire car(minus claying) at the end of June.

Either way I'm really excited and the car is looking just like the day I picked her up.

Oh and I noticed today I got some scratches on my passanger door. The way it looked is a rock got kicked up and rolled on an arch across the front door. The scratches looked pretty bad. So I washed the car. Then redid the 4 steps over the line the rock traveled. Can't see it anymore , which I'm happy about .

Garrett
Garrett - Glad to see you had a successful detail session this weekend! Detailing is an art form and you get better every time you detail it seems. Continue reading up on the proper techniques and keep experimenting with different pressure, amount of polish used, speed settings, etc. until you find the best combination for your vehicle. I still learn new things on a regular basis and constantly looking to improve my results.

Let us know if there's any thing else I can do to help improve your detail!

Thank you once again for your support.

George
Appreciate 0