03-18-2008, 05:34 AM   #26
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
Sorry for the swearing.

I aint bitter, i do know people who are tho.

Its more of knowing whose capable of what. Then knowing someone who was good but not superb compared to some thers now leading the f1 world championsip, FOR ME makes it a mockery and cheapened.

Makes me question the whole thing.

The car has had his whole career programmed. Programmed and paid for. Its worked, **** me has it worked. He has used the opportunity to maximum effect for sure. But its taken more than enough time.

He first drove an f1 car in 2004, but then didnt get a full drive with the team who have paid for everything for him for another years. He just wasnt ready..

Alot of talented drivers dont need copious amount of time to get there. I can only compare it sort of to a manufactured pop star but for the racing world.

His whole career has been about him being high profile. They created a karting class in britain called ''maclaren mercedes champions of the furure'' yes maclaren paid for this series to be started so there lewis who they were paying for could win this televised series to boost his profile. All the while the ''top boys'' in karting didnt even compete in this class and it was seen as ''mickey mouse'' and they continued to pursue success in the ''British championship''

but it got lewis pulbicity, fake publicity as the frickin class was created for him and he had a budget bigger than anyone else.

Give him his due, he did win te Formula A european karting championship (the gp2 of karting as it were) When he moved to Formula Super A, he got his ass cained.. annihilated.

So instead of regrouping and coming back for another assault the next year they decided to go into a ''lesser'' sinle seater catagory to kick arse and look good again. They 6 years later he is finally ready for f1.. Man thats an age. Many drivers who take that long never get there... Lewis was always going to as they spent to much money on him for him to fail... whatever it took, however long he wouldbe there finally.

You must see why i am annoyed it taken ALL THAT time and resource for him to get there. He needed so much time,effort,money,supprt to get there its beyond a joke But the boy is doing good now

Look back to last year, he was always there, thats why he was so close at the end.. Not because he was ballistic. He won less races, had less fastest laps and relied on Kimi being ''off'' throughout the year to be in with a chance.

As soon as Kimi sorted his head out, he made mincemeat of the kid..

Going from last weekend, seems this year will be the same. Kimi needs to find himself again..

Good luck to the lad. But ill never have respect for him and i know where he came from and who put him there.....

Carlos