Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [0.00]
2007 e90 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ 335TT View Post
How much will it cost to ship items back to Canada from the states? I was trying to ship a mountain bike up there and it was extremely expensive because of the customs fees etc. What about the cost of uninstall / re-install are you guys going to help out with that?

I am looking for a set of down pipes and you guys are definitely offering yours at a great price but I am really concerned with durability. I don’t want the hassle of taking my car to the shop swapping out the pipe for the OEM one sending it away and swapping them back out once it gets fixed.
What do you guys expect? You tell me one manufacturer that warranties their product and then pays for you to uninstall, reinstall, ship, pays customs and then sends you on a cruise for two to the Bahamas while they are at it?

If you buy any AM part, say some Bilstein coilovers like I had on my e46, and one of the shocks goes bad like happened to me, you are going to pay to get them to the manufacturer for warranty repair/replacement. Do you think bilstein paid me to have them removed from my car, paid to ship to them and then paid to have them re-installed? Of course not, thats not how warranties work. They repaired them and paid to ship them back to me and that was it.

It is against defects in manufacturing that lead to failure during normal use. UR is warrantying these things for 5 years which is way above and beyond what most parts sellers offer. Unless this is bizarro world I would say that the buyer is going to be responsible for getting them back to UR. It sounds like you are very worried about the possibility of failure so maybe you should be looking in a different direction for DPs.
Appreciate 0