08-07-2007, 05:00 PM   #11
Mr. 5
Modder Raider
Scotland
Rep
Drives: M3

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [8.00]
You guys are bringing up interesting topics. I was thinking the same thing when i saw this warranty claim.

Toyota doesn't have the best warranty but do they really need one? not really. I don't want to bring up Toyota talk but I've taken enough quality assurance classes on Lean and 6 sigma to know what a great system they have. People care about the quality of the vehicle and not the warranty when they buy the car.

I used to buy pep boys lifetime warranty brake shoes for my older cars and they were complete crap! I had to take the shoes back twice in less than 6 months because they were defective. I did the work myself so i didn't waste money on labor, but I wasted the time I spent on it. I would have rather gotten a better quality pad with a warranty that wasn't as good if you know what I mean.
Sometimes I feel that companies like pep boys get you to purchase the product hoping they install them because they warranty the product but not the labor.

I'm not saying that UR downpipes are this way. The quality looks great. I've seen the welds on their exhaust and they are awesome!

All I'm saying is--Don't think to much about a warranty; think about the quality.

Best 60-130-------------9.15 Seconds------------------WWW.MR5RACING.COM
Appreciate 0