fe7565
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i N26

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilord View Post
I metered out the HSD CID cable.
The ends mirror each other, so pin 1 -> 2, 2 ->1, 3 ->4, 4->3, 5->6, 6->5.
So... if I use the cable backwards it should still work! Wish I'd thought to do that before I tried to rotate the cable in the fakra shell... they really don't like to let go, and my fakras are a little worse for wear. should still hold up though, and will be buried in the dash by February.

Took a look at the pinout for the old CID I have... it uses LVDS, not Automotive PIXel Link, so definitely no way of using the old CID for testing. oh well.
Wish I would have come across this earlier! I ended up ordering a proper NBT retrofit cable on Ebay (US seller -but Chinese import for sure) for $17 (Aliexpress has them for $10) that has the proper pink and burgundy male plugs which should have been the cable used in the first place.

Caution: I ended up shearing off one of the 3 pegs inside the female socket on the NBTHU in my efforts. It should not hurt anything, but a lesson learned: do not force the plugs...there is a reasons why they do not connect easily. I just hope I did not burn out my monitors because I had 8.2V going in the ground terminal for about 30 minutes.

See my post here:

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...&postcount=495

Last edited by fe7565; 10-13-2021 at 07:34 AM..
Appreciate 0