View Single Post
      01-28-2013, 03:50 AM   #128
sohlman
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 330iSE

new car sounds great. Re MPG changing the stat is not expensive so worth doing as a precaution. Also bear in mind that you get a fairly big drop off in MPG in colder weather as the car takes a lot longer to get to operating temperature. However it looks like my 330i petrol is giving better MPG. I get arounnd 28mpg although in this cold weather it's dropped to 24-25mpg.

On a cautionary note look after your turbo's. If you have been driving rapidly or on the motorway ensure that you let the car iddle for a minuite before turning the car off. The Turbo's could be going at 30,000rpm plus and require the engine running to get an oil supply. They have to have time to slow down. This is probable the single biggest cause of turbo failure in standard cars.

RE chipping. The car will be rabidly fast, but the gearbox can't really handle the LBS/ft so make sure you get a experienced place to do the work. Someone like DMS who can offer a warranty. Come re sale personally i would not touch a chipped car with a barge poll. You make however get better MPG on normal driving, but agressive driving will see a decline.

Hope this helps