02-18-2013, 02:49 PM   #7
mistryn
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilM View Post
That the proper M3 one?

You'll like that! I added the pull paddles to mine and they're epic.
Yup the pukka M3 wheel with the blue/red stitching. Originally I was looking at the the M sport one but missed one that went for £130 few weeks back. The paddles coming with this was a bonus as I was going to buy a pair for the for sales section

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWBimmer View Post
If you're in the area even I'll do the swap for you since I've fiddled with this a few times now. Just let me know If not, I can walk you through it step by step on the phone.

Re: the blame, I'll take it on the chin. It's a bloody good mod dude.. PM how much you paid for it... I do keep an eye on ebay for the wheel to see how much they fetch.. but haven't been on top of it as of late!
Many thanks for your kind offer I may do if I am in the area. I will PM you my number. I really like the thick padding all the way around the wheel, something that can give you bit more grip/feel with what the steering is doing.

blame... Im only joking the way i see it is an investment as Im sure I can make money back if I do come sell it on

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwynMike View Post
All the guides say there are holes in the wheel to poke various implements in order to get the airbag off.

None of them seem to say that the hole is covered and you have to feel very gently to find it. Then pierce the material with the aforementioned implement to pop off the bag.

The wheel nut will probably be king tight. Resist the temptation to use the steering lock to hold the wheel as you undo. 99 times out of 100 it won't matter, the 100th time the lock may give!

The wheel will probably be even tighter on the splines/shaft. Don't break your nose when it finally does come off!

Mike
Many thanks for the tips Mike, I did read its a bit tight taking it off so what I may do is leave the nut half turned on the wheel so it doesnt come off fully and whack me in the face

Im more nervous about handling the airbag
Appreciate 0