buster84
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335I X-Drive E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pittsburger View Post
Buster84,

Hey that's a good idea to test out both. I definitely report anything I can make sense of. However, I couldn't even get my eBay chord (not same as the one by TOP100) to see battery on.

I have a bmw 2006, so I'm gonna try the eBay cord on that car.

The eBay cord that I bought which didn't work on my 2010 is from here
http://www.ebay.com/itm/330606867879...84.m1423.l2649

I'm assuming I was really duped cause it doesn't say the same kind of things as your cord. They advertise as GT1 which I have no idea what that means, in contrast to dcan etc.
Ahh that might be it, the cord needs to have K+ DCAN to be compatible with ncs expert.

I noticed that on the ebay page you got the cord from it actually shows a picture of it not compatible with ncs expert. Maybe thats why? It shows that it works for impa though.

You mentioned it not showing the battery on light. When i plug my cord in there is a red light right away. It stays on for about 1 min, then turns off. Then if i read, or write to the ecu it blinks red again.

I take it your cord doesn't show any lights when plugged in? If so the cord might just be a dud then or maybe it was made incorrectly... I can see that happening on bulk cables. Even good companies such as apple has had problems. I bought a mackbook charger, took it home. Insatiately dead, had to swap it out. Since you got your money back thats good.
Appreciate 0