methodtim
Brigadier General
Liechtenstein
Rep
Drives: Audi RS Q8

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxForgedxx View Post
You are proving yourself to be even more truck ignorant. Especially considering some people need there truck for work or to handle even house hold things, projects, gardening and so forth... they don't NEED a 1 ton, they don't need a 2 ton truck, they don't even need a HALF ton some times. F-150, 250, 350. There are engine options only available in the bigger models, pay-load, towing capacity and so forth. It doesn't make the F-150 any less of a work/ project truck or the 350 MORE of one, people just use them to entertain different kinds of utility needs.

I think the trade-off of rattles and plastic are severely out weighed by durability and what they get done. PS. It's not supposed to ride fluffy, it's a TRUCK. Not a luxury vehicle with a BED.
Next time you call someone ignorant, check your grammar.

You've just proven my point vis a vis the American public. If people don't need an F-150 to get what they're doing done, then why is it the best selling vehicle (cars and trucks) in the US? If you're saying that the American public is misguided in buying an F-150 when they don't need one, I direct you to this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by methodtim View Post
Man, oh man, I swear, I do not know what it says about the American consumer that this is the best selling vehicle year after year, but it's nothing good.
Now I scanned this whole thread again, and I still can't tell who's water you're carrying here. You first voted for OP's dad to buy himself a Toyota:

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxForgedxx View Post
I vote: Brand new Toyota Sequioa

And now you're carrying Ford's water because I said the F-150 is not suited as a daily driver? Dude, make up your mind.