View Single Post
      12-12-2018, 05:09 PM   #1
Denny347
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 E90

Installed my subframe bushing inserts today.

Refreshed my front suspension some time ago only to find that the front was nice and tight but the rear end was kicking to the side whenever I drove over bumps. Bought Whiteline subframe inserts for $45 back in May, figured I'd try them first. Well, I finally got around to installing them today, pretty easy. Spent about 2 hours at the most, I was not rushing around at all. Pulled the car up on ramps then jacked the rear up, getting the car pretty level but up in the air. With jack stands under the car, I used the jack to raise/lower the rear subframe. Loosened up the front bolts and removed the rear all together. The inserts come with grease, use it liberally. The inserts pretty much only go in one way and the instructions tell you which ones go where. The fronts were a bit trickier. After getting the inserts in the rear, I loosely installed the rear bolts. However, I could not drop the front enough to get the top insert in. I found that I needed to completely remove the rear bolt of the same side as the front I was trying to install. Then the front gave me plenty of room. I had to do that for each side on the front bushings. I couldn't get them to fully seat by hand but using my cordless impact wrench, they seated nice and snug. Man what a difference those inserts make. Well worth the $45 investment.
Appreciate 3
dwashy64.50
TW51619.00