View Single Post
      07-07-2019, 05:23 PM   #10
Darth Niloc
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 330d SE Auto

I have a few questions if anyone can help me out...

1. The driver's door doesn't open with the fob. I knew about this whenever I bought the car and my research has confirmed that this is a problem with the door actuator. However during the week the passenger door also stopped working. I checked fuse 57 which was fine (I still replaced it with the recommended 20 amp fuse) so I guess I need to buy a pair of front door actuators Can anyone confirm the part number for these? I need to get it sorted as my missus thinks it's hilarious that she has to wait for me to open the car with my key before I can open the door for her lol

2. Can anyone confirm if the swirl flaps were still an issue on this particular car? I've read conflicting advice on this, some say it was mainly an issue on the E46 whilst others recommend removing them anyway. Can anyone confirm?

3. Can anyone confirm what the name or model type of these alloys?

I currently have no spare wheel (only a can of foam) and am reluctant to spend a few hundred on a space saver whenever I might be able to pick up a spare alloy for a similar price. I found a nice website http://www.bmwstylewheels.com/ and have shortlisted a few that I think they might be. I did ask my father but he doesn't remember what they were called but thinks they came from either an M Sport or possibly a 5 series

4. What is the recommended or preferred method of coding the car? I have looked at a few options; NCS looks to be the best perhaps but I don't have a XP laptop plus there is the potential to screw things up which I'd rather avoid. There are a couple of apps that run through your phone with My Carly at least the most heavily promoted of them. Anyone any experience of this or any other app?

Thanks,
Darth Niloc
Appreciate 0