View Single Post
      11-08-2018, 09:22 PM   #11
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

I'd like to see what it does on the nordschleife.
I mean that willow springs track is the size of a go-kart track if laptimes are 1:20.

My point is that the previous model S failed miserably in the sense that it had absolutely no stamina to keep delivering that performance. After a few corners it went into some limp mode because the batteries could not deliver I think.
I'd like to see if they solved that problem. True sportscars (also electric ones) should have some stamina I think.
Even that electric sls amg that Mercedes presented back in 2012 (!) could handle a lap on the nordschleife back then and set a time of 7:56. (which is much much faster than any Tesla lap I've seen)
I think that electric SLS technically still the fastest electric production car on the Nordschleife. It was for sale in 2014. That chinese Nio hypercar still isnt for sale I believe (but obviously very much faster)
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 2