View Single Post
      08-03-2018, 11:40 AM   #24
ollieebmw
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Bmw X340d G01

Quote:
Originally Posted by old grey steve View Post
Common fault we do our fair share of them the dealer networks solution is as stated to replace the column, the thinks what happens to the old column when it goes to the dealership? Is it safe to drive around with the light on? Well one woman I saw 2 weeks ago had been driving her 120d for over 5 months with the light on before selling the car forced her to sort it out.

From memory it's a surcharge part which means it's your new columns fitted(new!) sent back, fixed, re packed and sent out for re use. And at a guess the refurbishment process in many cases might go along the lines of what we Indus do right now.

It's £95 plus VAT for us plus while we are at it we always carry out a full diagnostic on the car as well to see if there are any other issues lurking. Getting rid of the light is fairly straightforward I'd say success rate for us and other indus I talk to using Autologic is a strong 95%
Greetings.

Just had CARDIAGNOSTICSLONDON come out to try and get may car running. 2007 BMW e90 335d 4 door saloon.
Same problem. Red steering lock sign on dash and it won't let me start the car after a flat battery. He got 2 error codes. A0AA - Cas control unit fault and A119 - Cas power supply to ESC. He wouldn't tell me what software he was using though....trade secret apparently. Anyway he suggested it was a fault with the Cas unit and it needs replacing. I took it out but not sure on the correct part to get or where to get it from. The part number is 61.35-6943814-01. This is strange as the part he told me to get was 9147.225. I tried finding the part with no joy. I think this part number no longer exist but I'm not sure. Any help or advice extremely welcomed. Will even pay someone to sort out in the Croydon area. Help please........
Appreciate 0