View Single Post
      08-20-2016, 08:14 PM   #27
rick100
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdutch513 View Post
I don't understand why there is so much hate on ESS. If you are all so smart then why the fuck don't you own a multi million dollar business that creates products ranging from the N52 to R8s? I've seen the graphs of the adaptations with the AA headers and their tune. Is it dangerous? I don't know, but I haven't spent thousands of hours tuning cars. Have you?
it's not really hate. If ESS was truly worry about the problems AA headers can do to our cars then why not come here and express their concerns, instead they put fear into some customers and ran away. I dont see anyone for ESS backing up their customer when they mention AA headers are dangerous . At least AA came here to defend their product. Furthermore as you already know, after all you went through with ESS, even at some point hating on them , it takes them very long to get their tune right. There are other threads with customer running the supercharger and having numerous problems with their tuning . They even had a customer bring the car to them to install the supercharger and then having his car break down on the way home .

Another problem I have with ESS as the lack of information about their supercharger, if you ever follow their original thread you will see it took them a very long to give us updates . Furthermore we have not seen a proper video of their supercharger yet ( acceleration video). If I was promoting a product that makes significant power, I will be posting videos to show what my product is capable of doing.

I think that I have seen one or two videos of the acceleration on this ESS supercharger from members here, and to be honest with you I was not too impress, it pretty much look like stock , to be more fair it did not look like something more of a 3 stage intake plus headers . I'm thinking that is the main reason for ESS not to release videos.

I have been running headers for a while , and although I will be the first one to say that its not 335 acceleration , I have not complaints about reliability so far ( knock on wood) and we have members in this forum running these headers pretty hard and they are still going strong. I do not think we have anyone with ESS supercharger doing track , and I believe we have at least 2 members with AA headers doing track .

Only complaint about AA headers for me is the smell (personal complaint as noone seems to mind aside from me) and maybe the fact that there may be issues passing emission test. I still have 2 more years for emissions though

Last edited by rick100; 08-21-2016 at 10:46 AM..
Appreciate 2
justpete1233.00
Taskmaster2465.00