gbalthrop
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92Rithy View Post
This is what the hidden menu reads after I fill up. [L: 27.5; R: 17.6; Sum= 45]
If that is immediately AFTER filling up:
1) Did you fill until Pump Nozzle clicked off?
2) Did you read Fuel Gauge position BEFORE you did hard-right turns on skid pad?
3) Was Gauge reading ~ 3/4 tank?
4) As fuel is consumed, does R Tank reading remain same while Left decreases -- to a point, at which R reading then decreases?

Last question relates to testing for prevention of signal value greater than ~ 64% of max value for Right Tank Sensor.

My guess would be that either the RIGHT Tank Level Sensor or its wiring between Tank & JBE has an issue.

Your filler tube fills the Right tank first and then it overflows into Left Tank. Immediately AFTER filling, I see NO WAY you would have MORE fuel in Left Tank than Right. Both INPA & ISTA show Higher value for Right Tank than Left on my 328xi, as the Jet Pump pumps fuel from Left Tank to Right Tank 'cuz pump is in Right Tank. ISTA shows Ohms resistance of Level Sensor signal, and INPA shows unidentified values. Both Ohms and unidentified values INCREASE with increased fuel level.

Perhaps someone who has examined/ replaced the Right Tank Level Sensor can suggest cause of your issue.
George
Appreciate 1