Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2

Garage List
007 335i E92  [7.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by marv85 View Post
in terms of power, the race and E30 maps should be the same.

I find it easier to blend since I have E85 available and is cheaper then race gas.

You need 30% ethanol content, so do the math and fill your tank accordingly. Make sure not to have less then 30%... Log once you load the map to make sure all is good.
+1, though i have never tried 100+ or E30 MAPs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeph View Post
Well, been "gone" for a while but just did some more upgrades to the car recently and I just now downloaded all of the 402 maps (to include E30 and race). I have 100 octane pump available but I know race says 100+ and I would have a hard time actually getting a full tank of just 100 octane. I do think there is an E85 pump around here somewhere too. It looks like the E30 map might more power than the 100 octane race map? It would definitely be cheaper to blend E85 with 93 octane but I didn't know our fuel system would be able to handle it? I am FBO and completely catless. I guess, should I run the E30 map and just try to run about 1/2 E85 with 1/2 93 or should I get 100 octane and add some E85 to it and run the race map?

I know I could get a custom tune later, but I want to try something today I may go dyno this week as well to see what kinds of improvements everything makes. My new wheels are about 10 lbs. lighter than stock (and still 18's). My last dyno on aggressive + FMIC (302) was 387 rwhp and 423 rwtq on the stock wheels.

Zeph
Yeah, you should love the E30 MAPs. Without an ethanol sensor, it is tough knowing exactly what the % is. Based upon E85 being 85% Ethanol and 91/93 USA Octance being 10% Ethanol, you should put about 4.5 gallons of E85 pump and 11.5 gallons of 93 or 91 (full tank). Use this calculator

http://www.intercepteft.com/calc.html

Remember, USA octane is RON+MON/2 = USA Octane, thus E85 is more like 96 USA Octane and of course 91 or 93 is 91 or 93 USA Octane.

Make sure you log some good 3rd gear pulls and see how your car responds to the E30 MAPs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unic66 View Post
I was wondering as to why we have so many people selling their used Cobb APs?I have nothing against Cobb and most reviews I've read are positive about their tunes!
Not sure about this. where are you seeing this?

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI
Appreciate 0