07-31-2017, 01:09 PM   #30
oceanview
Captain
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: 335i F31 RWD Autom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
The Swiss are brutal with their speeding fines! AND... if they catch you driving more than +40 kph over a posted speed limit(back roads are only 80 kph! Not 100 kph like here in DE)... they can legally TAKE your car from you! As in forever! Just driving a few kph over a speed limit can cost you over 135 euros as well. Having an app(which is illegal, but worth the risk I think) is not a bad idea. I love the nature beauty in CH, but the speeding fines and normal prices for food and hotel rooms is just insane. 6 euros for a Coke or 45 euros for some Schnitzel or paying double for a hotel room(than in DE or Italy) That's why I always like cross the border and stay the night outside of Switzerland - when I can... IF I can!
^^^^ Dear welcome visitors you should really take the speed limits for serious over here!
They will send you also to prison if indicated, just as those UK guys.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...land-race.html

All of the nice alp drives are well know by the local police. The know exactly where people drive fast. You can bet, that they are somewhere waiting for speeders!
Be carful, they even camouflage the radar stations, so you can hardly see them. Oh, and if you see the light, you didn't win

Also be careful with those radar at traffic lights. Many of them also catch you for speeding, not only for red light passing. (in the City of Zurich, all of them in the meantime)
335i F31 RWD in SB || Powertrain: Active Autowerke Flash Tune Stage 1 | AA Charge Pipe | AA FMIC | GFB DV+ | xHD Trans-Flash | Quaife LSD | Cyba 3.5" Carbon tips || Chassis: 20" 405M | Wiechers Strut Bar | Rear M-Diffusor || Brakes: 18" M-Perf Brake orange 370/345 | EBC YellowStuff pads all around || Various: LED bulbs: Fog-L. front | Turn Signal f&r | Brake L. | Reverse L. | Rear L. | Rear Fog L.
Appreciate 1
Dackelone10588.50