02-27-2013, 09:48 AM   #13
Anon007
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorTwinTurbo View Post
Seems like people have had good experiences with this vendor. OP, any reason you opted for the 10w set when the 20w set is only $10 more? Seems like a lot of the vendors here on the forums have these "new" 20w Cree led AEs ranging from $80-150, safe to guess these are all likely from the same original supplier/manufacturer and function about the same?

Main question I and others likely have is if these kits have heat issues in the light housing and if there is any radio interference? If these check out, then with a 1yr warranty and literally 25% the cost of LUX...it's a non decision ( even if the brightness is marginally less than LUX imo )
Quote:
Originally Posted by roccob1123 View Post
Wondering the same thing.
Sorry to just now get back to you. The reason I got the 10w is because that is the only one offered for E90... the 20W is E92, otherwise I would of purchased those, especially for a mere 10$ difference. As for heat issues, the bulbs have a lot of resistors on them and I have so far not had a problem. I cannot say for sure though because I have had them for a short time. Maybe some of the other customers can chime in. However if there is a heat problem, it is bound to happen within a year I would assume which would be covered under the warranty. Also sorry what do you mean by radio interference? If you're thinking codes it does not throw any codes, just flicker at start up when the car does the bulb check around the car.
Appreciate 0