Nickco43
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 BMW M3

Garage List
2008 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaiel View Post
my car is prewired for the microphone above my head with the interior lights...can the factory mic 84 31 6 938 762 be added and implemented with dip switch 4?
Am I understanding that correctly?
If not can some upload some pics of how they discretely added the included mic with the box?

thanks
If you have Bluetooth calling in your car already you can connect to both the Bluetooth box and the factory Bluetooth calling. If you just have the mic you can custom make a cable and retain the factory mic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyro235 View Post
Nick-
I've read through this, and if I understand correctly- since I have the CD changer option on my screen already, I can go ahead and run through this install without any coding at all? It's essentially install the box, and have Bluetooth streaming with steering wheel controls?
I'm a 2007 e90 without idrive, with the HK Logic 7 professional head unit. The ebay link declares idrive.

I'm also wondering why you're so inclined to install idrive in your car. Any idrive car I've ever been in is so outdated, that I'm glad my car is a non idrive. I personally prefer the classic simple dash of BMW's though.
You will not have to do any coding if you have the CDC option on your radio.

My iDrive retrofit was under $450 and iDrive cars hold a 1k premium over non iDrive cars. At that price why not and I can make my money back selling the old parts.
Appreciate 0