United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Black/Black 335i e90

Garage List
2007 BMW E90 335i  [0.00]
2008 bmw x5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel08E93 View Post
Hey guys I'm thinking of upgrading my front and rear sways from the oem E93 335 to the E92 M3. My question is, do I have to also replace the sway bar end links as well or am I okay with re using the ones I have if they're in good shape? Any help would be appreciated thanks in advance
If you lowered the car, you will need adjustable end links. If the geometry of the car stays the same, you could use OEM length end links. The OEM end links are not very stout. You will find that after mkt., adjustable end links 9/10 have really stout bushings & construction.

The rule of thumb is, when lowering a car, is to add length to the front & subtract length in the rear.

You need to measure from the center of the hub to the top of the fender to find the ride height, before you put it up on ramps or jack stands. Then you set the new end links to the ride height. This way there is no pre-load on the swaybars.

To do the rear swaybar, I think you will have to lower the subframe about 6" or so, on all four corners. If you live in a 4 seasons state that uses salt on the roads in the winter, the 4 bolts that hold the bushings and subsequently the swaybar to the rear subframe are likely frozen on the subframe. You'll need some Kroil Oil and probably a torch to heat them up. Let the bolts soak over night.

Also, if you are lowering the subframe down in the rear, that would be a great time to do SS brake lines since the attachment points are now accessible.

$600.00 for new M3 swaybars is pretty steep. Eibach makes a set of front and rear swaybars, that are tuned to their lowering springs, for $277.00 out the door. FYI...,
Appreciate 2