View Single Post
      09-25-2018, 09:20 PM   #61
ryan stewart
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 328it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickco43 View Post
I can't tell the difference between this box and my combox.
Id say you are right. I doubt the combox is using any advanced coding either, just SBC like everyone else, which is the weak point for bluetooth. APTx gets you to CD quality, then there are a couple others that can beat it a bit.

Not knocking the box, just clarifying for those who might be considering this that its, unfortunately, not going to provide true CD quality audio but its going to be likely as good as a "good" AUX connection AND give you bluetooth controls.

I think a box like this WITH one of the other codecs would be awesome, but not even the $300+ options mentions it and if you paid for the license you are definitely putting that all over your marketing material.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctuna View Post
Trouble is all the other solutions go through the AUX which is
the bottle neck for fidelity. There was a big thread in which the final
analysis was DAC plus aux still not as good as USB direct.
Yeah I had an aptx compatible receiver plugged into the aux and it sounded fine but wasnt better, over time the headphone jack would become unreliable and I didnt get the wheel controls or readout of the song.

Anyone experimented with how many songs you can have in a folder on the SD card? I see it sees each folder as a CD but can it have a 45 track CD? If so I might just load it up as a backup option as well, which each "CD" being a playlist.

Last edited by ryan stewart; 09-25-2018 at 09:29 PM..
Appreciate 0