View Single Post
      07-15-2019, 09:57 PM   #8
SnowRacer
Rep
Drives: e90 328i, e46 330i

Gentlemen, thank you both for your insightful analysis. Very much appreciate both of your inputs.

I just checked the F38 fuse and it's not blown.

I received the recall letter about the vent hose heater replacement but haven't taken it in yet for replacement. Will call them tomorrow to schedule that replacement under the recall.

Talked to my son and he said the smoke cloud at WOT just started recently - about 2 months ago. It flagged check engine codes and when I had them read initially it was a long list of O2 sensor related codes, so I replaced the two primary ones. Didn't clear the codes for that until just a few days ago. Those sensor 1 codes haven't come back yet. Now it's just sensor 2 codes for each bank.

Can definitely replace the two downstream sensors, especially now that the F38 fuse checks out okay.

We are in Minnesota and it got down to -38F this winter and he normally just drives about 5 miles each way to school. Everything the vent hose heater is meant to address, so everything was pointing to CCV or CCV hose in all the posts I read about similar smoke cloud issues, but those are both brand new now and the problem continues.

I'll order the downstream O2 sensors and get the vent hose heater valve replaced under the recall.

I didn't check the F04 in the DME box yet though. Can check that tomorrow.

Thank you again,
Gary
Appreciate 0