View Single Post
      10-21-2008, 02:42 AM   #19
E46X2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 4 Wheels and a gas tank

^^^^ I think that if you compare MY 2007, or even 2008 for that matter of the 335i, while it is still more expensive than the 330i, you wont find as great of a discrepancy; remember there was a recent price hike for 2009 models because of the whole weak dollar issue.

There is two ways to look at this idea of the 330i being "special." You can look at your car as a one year production model and think it's special, BUT ask yourself WHY it's a one year production car before really thinking it's really that special. Is it because BMW lagged on building the N54 and had a chassis way before a motor? Is it because BMW saw the N52 as being insufficient to keep up with its competition (IS350, G35, etc)? Was the 2006 MY E90 rushed to the market being a whole new car but with an older motor that was merely updated? I honestly dont know the answers to these question, perhaps some of you here do, but just some thoughts on this topic

I knew some E90 330i owners (well two anyway) who felt that they got the raw end of the deal buying 2006 MY E90s then seeing a TT motor in the E90 for 2007 MY.

Either way, it is a car that I am looking for because it seem to be more reliable than its predecessor - the 335i - at least from what I ave been reading here and other places. Also less temptation to mod the engine because it lacks FI. Trying to find a manual transmission in this car is tough though as stated above - few and far between. I am actually contemplating test driving an auto to see if it is something I can live with; I've previously test driven auto 335s but didnt pay much attention as it was for my g/f. Anyway for what seems to be a great car all around.
Appreciate 0