12-06-2022, 01:09 PM   #43
TheMaxXHD
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 G20 LCI M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
My guess is if people drove an engaging sporty car/sports car, many would want that. My 18 y/o son recently learned drive my M235 and Cayman and now he's hooked. He cares a lot about how a car feels and is now looking to replace his hand-me-down Outback 3.6R with a first gen BRZ.
My guess is most people wouldn't that have a lot of money to blow on a sporty vehicle and need a practical car.

Take the Honda Civic Si. Cheap sporty car. Problem, it is manual. If you only have money for one or two vehicles and you need multiple people to be able to drive it, then it doesn't work because it's manual. You can teach everyone in the house to drive manual, but by that point just get the auto and be done with it.

Anything with a manual is inherently not practical if you need anyone that doesn't know how to drive manual, to be able to drive it even occasionally, and is therefore not worth the effort or money.

Most people don't have money to spend on M235's or Cayman's. They have money to spend on civics.

Most people don't like the harsh suspension's like that in a BRZ. It is also not a 4 door sedan, or an SUV. People like sporty, people need practicality. Practicality wins 9/10 times.

You can find a nice sporty car that still has value and practicality, but most people would just prefer the beater honda civic that gets them from point A to point B.
Appreciate 0