04-18-2014, 06:17 PM   #11
spuntyb
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox
I've scanned through topics and threads and see everyone talking about AE's, tail lights, interior lights, license plate lights.... but I have never seen a topic on the side markers.

On silver and white vehicles they aren't to bad. But they stick out like deformed appendages on dark color cars.

What have people done? LED bulbs? Depo lights?

Kind of curious.
Couldn't agree with you more about how bad they look on a black car. This is my post on the subject from just a few weeks ago:

Paint side marker backing plate http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.phpt=965218

I got the smoked LED side markers from European Auto Source for $40. The side markers simply pop out and you just attach the new ones and pop the whole unit back in. After a week of some rain and widely shifting temps around NYC, I haven't noticed any condensation inside the lens. Cloudy today, but I'll get some pics up tomorrow with the sun shining.

I have only had them on for a week, so we'll see how they do in the long run. For now though, for $40, it's a no-brainer. Simple to install, and no error codes or warning lights. Truly plug 'n play. They look so much better than stock.

2019 F90 Comp MBB|Black (sold)
2018 F80 ZCP TB|SS (sold)
2015 F30 335 AW|CR (sold)
2015 F31 MG|CR (sold)
2011 E90 JB|Oyster (sold)
Appreciate 0