07-03-2022, 10:05 AM   #33
Dave92N54
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 335i 6MT

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Well, I went ahead and found some front mounts locally and will be returning the ones from FCP whenever they finally arrive.

I started the install today but seems the car is going to have to get put back together. I started with the rear driver's side and immediately encountered an issue I won't be able to resolve.

The lower nut on the rear strut is just spinning on it's threads. I have no clue why. I put the 15mm on the shock body, and started to remove the lower nut. Ratchet was moving, and I made sure the socket was the right size so I know the nut isn't stripped. Was going for awhile so decided to look at how many threads were left and it hadn't moved. The nut just won't go anywhere.

I have a nut breaker so figured maybe I could remove the whole strut with the lower mount but there is no way to since the mount has to go in at an angle. I'm going to have to take the car into a shop so they can I guess melt the nut off.