View Single Post
      07-08-2013, 02:15 AM   #1
e46m3to335i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3

Another about to order thread........(Black Sapphire specific)

Details on the car first.

2010 e92 335i - 32K miles - Black Sapphire Metallic - Light to moderate swirls/scratches (my guesstamate, lol)

Here's what I'm planning on ordering:

Porter Cable 7424XP
Dual Action 5 Inch Flexible Backing Plate

-1 CCS Orange 5.5 inch Light Cutting Pad
Poorboys SSR 2.5 Medium Super Swirl Remover 16 oz

-1 CCS White 5.5 inch Polishing Pad
Poorboys SSR1 Light Abrasive Swirl Remover 16 oz.

-1 CCS Gray 5.5 inch Finishing Pad
Poorboys EX Sealant with Carnauba

Poorboys World Natty’s Paste Wax – Red

I'm located in Hawaii and don't have the luxury of having a garage to detail my car in. My main reason for choosing PoorBoys products is because from the research I have done, their products are very easy to work with in direct sun. I plan on starting the full detail early in the morning and the sun will be beating down within an hour in to the detail so I feel its pretty important that I use a product that works well in the sun.

My main concern/goal is to remove as many of the swirls and light scratches as possible. Secondly would be working on a glass like shine. The swirls/scratches are not horrible in my opinion but are easily visible at the right angles.

If anyone has any advice please let me know or want to suggest different products that perform better and also work in direct sunlight, please share. I will be placing the order in the next couple days. Also any specific advice on working with Black Sapphire Metallic? I've read certain waxs and sealants can mask the metallic flake in it.

Thanks in advance!!

-Nick
Appreciate 0