10-22-2008, 12:28 AM   #47
martieg
Texas
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i Black Sph PP/SP/NV/MTk

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
BMW's goose lays an egg that is still golden.

This is the title of the magazine article that sold me - I was not decided, never had a BMW before - I was looking into Lexus, Infinity, Mercedes, Audi, and also BMW.

Link: BMW's goose lays an egg that is still golden.

Second Link: Technical Highlights

It took me a year to buy it!!!

Here are some excerpts:

Quote:
The 3-series, 30 years old and now entering its fifth generation, is the car that made BMW what it is today The bestselling premium model worldwide, it accounts for some 60 percent of the one million new cars BMW sells each year.
Quote:
The new 330i sedan, the only version coming to the U.S. that was available at the preview, has the latest lightweight 3.0-liter straight-six engine with variable valve timing and lift. With 255 horsepower, it's 13 percent more powerful and likely more fuel efficient. (This Valvetronic engine will soon be fitted to the 530i.) So this top-of-the-line 3-series is quicker and more economical than before.
Quote:
All of this adds up to a car that runs smoothly, feels wonderfully safe and secure on the road, and drives with a rare precision. As our exclusive test numbers show, it is also very quick for a less-than-$40,000 compact sports sedan.

Appreciate 0