View Single Post
      01-19-2013, 05:40 PM   #4
Blindside_137
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 SSII E90 M3 ZCP

That's true it may not be that bad in person.

I just think the OEM design kind of "hides" the rings, and I like that a lot. When you do the blackout or grey out or any custom paint AND change the rings to the LED that are yellow when off, it really compromises that "hidden" look I love.

Then again, I agree 100% that the Lux aren't the end all be all. I really can't see them at all within 10 feet or so in daylight. Fortunately no one ever gets that close to the car anyhow and it obviously bothers us more than the average person.

So that's why I love my Lux, they are literally perfect in my eyes that they retain the OEM look, and are a better color that more closely resembles newer angel eyes.

If I had the money, I would have for sure spent the 550 for OSS to install the rings and NOT do the blackout, simply because I love the clear and clean OEM look.

But if I had a badass M3 with lots of other black accents, then I would go this route.

It does the blackout + blackout rings, therefore kind of retaining that "hidden" AE aspect I love of the OEM design, just in black.

ACM Blackout + Blackout Rings

But that would have run me 4X the price of Lux, wasn't willing to plunge that hard on a mod like that.
Appreciate 0