08-19-2015, 03:30 PM   #7
kaigoss69
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali-323i View Post
Definitely don't want to go against what Kaigoss is saying, but many here do say that the corner load enclosures sound very good even with a sealed trunk.

I have a 10" in a custom box under the trunk floor (inside that storage compartment and it also sounds great. I don't have fold down seats or a ski pass.

Finally, if you're set on using a 15", go with an IB setup, assuming the woofer you already have is suitable for that.
Nothing you said went against what I said. The corner enclosure is the second best option, after IB. It is definitely cleaner and more OEM looking than IB, and that's why many people like it. But there is a limitation....volume. A corner loaded sub can only get so loud until it runs out of steam. I always say if you are looking for something to complement the OEM system and fill the bottom two octaves, it is perfect for that. But if you want more volume to overpower the OEM system, or to keep up with an aftermarket system, then you may need to look at other options.

Last edited by kaigoss69; 08-19-2015 at 03:58 PM..
Appreciate 0