Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW 316d, BMW F40 116d

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
Many thanks for sharing.

Its too early for me to give comprehensive feedback however early observations;

1- It gives typical alpina D1, M1 and DS1 so you know all the time as to in which gear you are driving.

2- With normal day to day driving, I have not felt any significant differences except it shifts bit early in D mode. So, doing 30 MPH I was in 4th gear. I do not have evidence to say that with normal transmission flash, it would be different case as I could not see what gear was it using when doing 30 MPH.

I am yet to try DS and M mode.

3- It DOES NOT change any tone of the exhaust and has nothing to do with that.

4- I would add to original post that after flashing it, clear all the codes as your car will have plenty of DME, GKS, CAS and FRM errors which are due to flashing process than permanent errors.

5- After this flashing, there is no error on the display however inpa shows coding error for the gear box. You can erase it temporarily however every time yous start the car, it recognize that you do not have alpina and throw the error. Nothing big but worth of considering it if you are OCD.

I will test it comprehensively for sometime and will report back. These tests are conducted on 2010 320d with 40K miles and running 220-225 BHP. I have flashed it as alpina D3 has lower power output than mine so ideally it should augment my BHP difference and should shift it quicker.
As for your 4th argument: then your flash probably did not go as expected. I did NOT have any faults in the DME, GKS, CAS and FRM module.

I did however toke my key out, and locked the car for 5 minutes.
Recode default the EGS module and the way we go.
Appreciate 1