View Single Post
      02-01-2019, 12:24 PM   #256
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

I'm new here, but will jump in. Best lifts at 5'7" and in the 200lb bw range. I have a shorter range of motion than a lot of guys, but I have genetics that are pretty good.

Bench - 405
Squat - 520 "ish"
D.L. - 505

I have had the pleasure of training with a guy for 10+ years that has won 6 world titles in 3 different weight classes, and probably 20+ national level championships in his sport. He trains like an animal, and benches in the 540's. So he is a lot stronger than me, but I found that is key to keeping me constantly pushing.

We are older (I'm 45), but I still hit the gym regularly at 4:00am each morning. Been doing this a long time. Figured out a long time ago that diet was pretty much key to everything.

Since getting older, I have turned my focus more on cardio related stuff and protecting my joints. I rarely go above 315 in the squat anymore....and 275 on bench. I just focus on increasing the reps at those weights.

I'm always in a perpetual bulk/cut state. I'm OCD about tracking calories, and I try to never let myself get above 12% b.f. when bulking which is about 205-210 lbs for me. I usually start cutting around 3 months out from beach weather, and I typically come in about 180-185lbs at a pretty low b.f.

My legs are actually my best body part.

Now this is an outlet for me. I have always been in the gym...my dad was too so I was raised around it. And I know I may get some BS calls about my statements, but here are some pics that show where I'm sitting at about right now vs. this past summer.

I don't compete, but have in the past once as my gym sponsors a Natural BB Show each year. Plus they also do the bench contest for St. Jude's that I typically do each year. I almost always end up in the 198lb weight class, and have won the last 4 years I entered. This last bench contest was probably my last one though as I developed a case of elbow tendonitis which has been bugging me ever since. Sucks as I have always been careful, and it's the first injury I have had in the 20+ years I have been training.

View post on imgur.com