06-18-2019, 08:21 AM   #14
renizer
Private
Austria
Rep
Drives: '10 E91 335xi N55 MT6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mweisdorfer View Post
I'm talking about the world famous test track that the e90 M3 dominated in almost every category, during its production run against a car's in its class.

The same exact parts like subframe bushings and control arms made by TRW found on that car can be put on the 335i. Unless you are tracking the car, I just don't see why anyone would need $500.00 control arms....

Jeezzz... $500.00 control arms belong on a Ferrari or something not a 335i.
Ferrari control arms are more likely 5000$ or north of that. That said, how much are stock OEM M3 replacements?
Of course there's no "need" for $500 control arms on the street, just as much as there's no need to drive an M3 on the street. maybe even no real need on the track for these arms but it becomes very much more apparent there for sure. I find it's in everybody's own descretion to decide what they spend on parts though. Do we even "need" a car?

I never heard about that world famous test track that the E90 M3 dominated, and I guess I couldn't care less about that historical anecdote either. If you want to be productive, share some link and/or infos on it or just stop mentioning it like it was a secret that cool people like you were aware of and everyone else don't have a clue of anything.

On your point on the M3 parts though: you realize the M has a slightly different subframe and suspension setup than the AG models? So unless you change that you can't just go full M3 parts and even then, the M3 is/was sold as a street car with some kind of compliance and durability built into it, for street as well as track duty to certain extent, so there's not to say there are no better parts out there.. because mono balls, rod ends, spherical bearings, rose joints or whatever you wanna call them as a category, definitely are better (if you wanna use that simplified term), but just more expensive and not as durable (generalizing again here), as simple as that.
Appreciate 1