11-21-2020, 02:46 AM   #125
fgpalmer71
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Genesis sedan 3.8 AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickco43 View Post
I purchased a new tool called the Yanhua ACDP which I used to clone my CAS 4+ in my F10 and it worked well. I also ordered the add on to clone DMEs and the addon to wipe used keys. The only thing I am missing is a nice key cutting mill to cut the emergency metal key.

I always envisioned a 3 day total mail in key service where I could mail someone an empty UPS overnight box with a pre-paid overnight shipping label inside and a piece of tap to seal it back up again. That way the end user is faced with zero hassle to overnight me their CAS. I would then program new keys the same day and then overnight them back their CAS so that had it the next day.

A bunch of people on eBay offer key programing but by the time you mail them your CAS with the post office it could be over a week turn around time. Then again overnighting something three times from PA to CA would be $100 in shipping fees alone.

Anyway I am not against the idea of making a key for you, I just want to play around with my new tool some more before I start breaking things (especially someone else's CAS).

Take your time and perfect your craft! I'm ready when you are....
Appreciate 0