View Single Post
      05-28-2015, 12:12 PM   #1
cfjara
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i e90

TPMS Inactive / iDrive control knob and button not working.

This applied to my car. Long story. If you need more of an explanation PM me.

2008 335i -e90

Symptom: TPMS Malfunction / Inactive error and iDrive control knob not working. iDrive works through other inputs like voice control and steering wheel controls. Both conditions must be present for this fix to apply. CC-ID149

Resolution: Fuse # 27 ( might be other fuse location for your car but look for the TPMS icon in your diagram) is likely blown found behind glove box. Both devices are fed from same fuse. You must also determine why the fuse blew. Simply replacing the fuse will blow it again. In my case the RDC module cable bundle was shorting on a body panel sharp edge. The RDC module is found in the trunk above the battery behind the carpet and padding. I re-taped wiring bundle and rerouted cable bundle away from sharp edge which cause the short circuit.

The RDC module is the module that controls the input from your 4 TPMS sensors. So if the module is not working none of your TPMS sensors will register.

So before you take it to dealer and start replacing expensive modules check this out.
Hope this helps!~

Last edited by cfjara; 05-28-2015 at 01:29 PM..
Appreciate 1