View Single Post
      09-02-2015, 09:18 AM   #42
zer0cool
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgroschi View Post
I might get a lot of hate for this but the Tesla is just one of the most overrated cars in my opinion. I spent a day in one and it's just not something that's comparable to an Audi for example. It doesn't feel expensive inside. It feels kind of like a very modern VW or something in that price range. The rear seats are very uncomfortable and in addition I'd be too afraid of the depreciation, which might be very high if technology keeps moving as fast as it has.

Those are just my 10 cents on your question
I think the interior is plenty quality, definitely better than a BMW 5 series or X5, and on par with Porsche Panamera. Yes I would rate interiors of say Audi A8, Mercedes S, BMW 6/7, or Audi S7, as being better in quality. I think a lot of it is preference. I like both the "lots of buttons" in the Panamera vs. the Model S's simplicity, as long as all functions are easily useable. The touch screen on the S is super user friendly and all daily functions are easily useable. The lots of buttons also makes it so all functions are easily reachable and useable... I would call them equivalent in actual usage.

In terms of seating comfort, the new nappa seats are better than the nappa in BMW 5, but not as good as the luxury seats on a BMW 7. Lexus seats from GS up are better than any of these however... Rear seating is an issue if the person is tall with long legs since the seats are kind of low... however that's not really much of an issue in the US since mostly rear seats are for kids. But I definitely agree that's an issue. However the seats look pretty good, and you definitely can easily fit 3 adults in there due to the lack of transmission tunnel.

In terms of actual tech, like how nice the Nav looks and works, etc, Model S clearly exceeds (as long as you turn off the stupid beta in the nav) those in BMW and Porsche.

I would rate Model S and Audi 7 equally beautiful on the outside. The car definitely looks, feels, and drives expensive and oozes quality. And almost all Model S owners agree with me, which is why they almost all like their cars. Many of them owned and still own BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Porsche, etc, so it's not like they hadn't/haven't seen or experienced quality.
Appreciate 0