Deny everything
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i; 2015 X6, S1000RR

Garage List
2015 BMW X6  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Thumbs down got ripped off by eyejammy

Well, it was my turn to get ripped off. There is always a first time.

As reference, read the first post in this thread:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54773

This offer looked very tempting. specially, the statement : “So there is more than 85% of tread remaining”

According to the specs from the general tire website, the tires new will have
10/32 tread depth.

This week, I got the tires and found that the tread remaining was nowhere close to what this guy said:
Front tire 1 = depth = 5/32 = 50% tread remaining
front tire 2 = depth = 5/32 = 50% tread remaining
rear tire 1 = depth = 3/32 = 30% tread remaining
rear tire 2 = depth = 2/32 = 20% tread remaining

So basically, the rears are useless and the fronts are 50% gone. That is NOT close to what the seller stated on his post.

Here are some pics of what I got:
This is one front tire. I did the tirerack measurement with a quarter.
I also measured it with a tread gauge and the reading was 5/32mm
Name:  front quarter measure.JPG
Views: 2092
Size:  81.3 KB

This is the other front tire:
Name:  front quarter_measure2.JPG
Views: 1494
Size:  81.5 KB

This is one rear tire. the tread gauge indicated 2/32mm left. According to tire rack, 2/32 is an unsafe tire.
Name:  rear_penny_measure.JPG
Views: 3040
Size:  81.0 KB

The tirerack has the following statement:
According to most states' laws, tires are legally worn out when they have worn down to 2/32" of remaining tread depth. To help warn drivers that their tires have reached that point, tires sold in North America are required to have indicators molded into their tread design called "wear bars" which run across their tread pattern from their outside shoulder to inside shoulder. Wear bars are designed to visually connect the elements of the tire's tread pattern and warn drivers when their tires no longer meet minimum tread depth requirements.

This is a view of the wear bar on one of the rear tires. the tread is worn out to the point is level with the wear bar.
this tire is useless.
Name:  rear_cross2.JPG
Views: 1513
Size:  82.6 KB

This is the other rear showing how bad the tread depth is.
Name:  rear_cross2_tire.JPG
Views: 1366
Size:  90.6 KB

I emailed the seller, sent him pics, measurements, specs from General and asked him to take the tires back. He refuses and offers to refund $45.

I email again in a nice manner stating that $45 is not acceptable.

He responds offering $75.

Once again, I explain to him that based on what he stated on his original post, I did not get what he offered. As a result, I want my money back and I will ship the tires back.

He responds stating the tires should last another 15k and he paypal sends me $100. In addition to that, he states it is the last time he will talk about this issue.

In my book, I got ripped off big time.
the rear tires are gone so they are going to the trash. the fronts are not acceptable and they are going to the trash too. Now, I lost $245

I tried to make this guy understand that he posted wrong information about the tires. But he just did not get it. He even blamed me for not asking for more info at front.
I guess I screwed up by not asking for pics and measurements of tread. I took this guy at face value and never doubted that the tires did not have 85% tread remaining. my bad for not being a more cautious buyer.

The seller, on the other hand, is a liar with no much in terms of principles.
I would never sell worn out tires hoping that some one would buy them.
it is unsafe and I'd not want someone to have an accident.

It is obvious that this guy does not care about that. If not to me, I suspect he would have sold them to someone else. Enjoy your dirty money man.

I share this experience with you so you can be aware of this guy and so you can be better buyers. Do not take people at face value.

As for me, I will learn from this bad experience.
I have a dent in my wallet, I will have to let my wallet heal a little and then go buy new tires from the tirerack. I guess my M6 rims will have to wait a while before I put them on my car. Funny, the M6 rims will arrive tomorrow.

I need a drink

Appreciate 0