View Single Post
      08-05-2018, 03:37 PM   #1
VladPC
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335D

335D the famous "no boost untill 3000rpm" problem

Hello everybody. Fist of all I just want to salute you all and thank you for a tone of info that I gathered throughout the time because of this beautiful and very helpful community.

Now...let's get straight to the point.

I am a happy-ish owner of a european model BMW 335d and the problem that it has is related to the small turbo not making any boost. I can hear it spooling up but nothing until 3000rpm when the big one kicks in.

Yes, I know...check the vacuum hoses, check the pressure converters, dpf or egr valve (not my case because I have both egr and dpf deleted ; also no swirl flaps).

I have DIS and ISTA+ on my laptop and I have activated all of the actuators and seem very fine...they move on command.

Also I took it to a garage and asked the mechanic to check the actuators by hand. Unfortunately he checked the by mouth , by taking off the vacuum hoses and sucking in the air. The result was good, the actuators held vacuum.

The only problem is the intercooler. Is either broken or cracked or something because it's leaking oil...a good ammount actually.

Now my question is....does the intercooler have anything to do with the fact that the small turbo is not making any pressure in the system? Is it really that small that all of the pressure it creates, it just escapes at the cracked intercooler?

If this is the case, why does the big turbo kick in very hard, or let's say, as it should? Souldn't the boost created also leak because of the broken intercooler?

Last edited by VladPC; 08-05-2018 at 04:17 PM.. Reason: misspelled "rpm"
Appreciate 0