View Single Post
      02-05-2023, 02:48 PM   #1181
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
Universality agreed upon??? Lol. Yeah by old hardline BMW extremist. Every G80 owner I know absolutely loves how his car looks. I’ve met probably 10. There are hundreds of guys on this forum that love it. Sales prove that people love them. Only a moron would buy a car that expensive that they think is ugly. Well not just morons. People with an extreme amount of money that they don’t give a crap. I love when people think because they feel a certain way everyone does. I guess that means since I hate the Kansas City Chiefs, everyone in the world hates them
Well, I disagree with you about almost everything, but I mostly agree with you here.

I do think the grille was made to be a statement and could have been done in a more attractive way. However, I don't think it's the travesty that everyone makes it out to be. I also learned a long time ago to withhold judgment on automotive designs for about a decade. The E85/E86 Z4, for example, was widely panned on release but the flame surfacing has aged extremely well.

Obviously, nothing in design and art is universally agreed upon. I have bought cars I thought were ugly though just because the rest of the car outweighed the looks.
Appreciate 2