Sua Sponte
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 LMB 335is

Garage List
2013 BMW 335is  [8.84]
Quote:
Originally Posted by portalseo View Post
You might be right but it appears to me they split it into 5 files/parts with the last file (part 5) to be put on DVD 5 given the 4.3 GB storage limit of single layer DVDs. I still don't get it why they just didn't go the one file route like they did with the western Europe 2018-1 version considering the majority of people update via usb stick anyway...

Did you already download and install the na 2018-1 version and can you confirm that the torrent download is indeed working?

The torrent is working. It works just like all the previous times I've updated my nav. The 4 usb sticks is really not a problem because the NA maps are a huge amount of info to download and upload. I use winRAR and all you need to do is extract part 1 and it will automatically pull all the downloaded zips into one folder containing the four sub folders, 1-4, that you move to the root of your four flash drives. Or you can just use two and reload them while the car is uploading the other one.

Great job with this. If you have a E series, there's no need to ever pay to have your maps updated again.